Tuesday, October 8, 2013

September 16, 2013


Hey ya'll hey

 

Another week has flown by here in ghettosville. Things are going great! The work is really picking up and there is always something to laugh about every day. I just love it. Well, as you will be able to tell from the picture there is a reason we are wearing helmets... yep, you guessed it... BIKES. We are on bikes. hahaha. I know ya'll would pay good money to see me attempt to ride a bike in a skirt. Whoever thought that one day in life one of my biggest concerns would be getting my skirt caught in the wheel of a bike? I'm sure we have given this town a good laugh this past week. Haha, we still have a car, we just are out of miles so we are biking around doing our best. I love it. It is so fun to be on a bike and so easier to talk to people! Haha

 

Anyway, this week has been awesome and we have been working super hard. I told you last week about the lady we met at the funeral? Yeah, well her name is Pat and we have been trying to meet with her all week but she has been having a really hard time. Since she started reading the book of Mormon satan has been working very very hard on her and she had a really hard week this week so we couldn't meet with her. She is so awesome though, she calls us every day and tells us how much she loves us and how she just cant wait to meet with us and learn more but we weren't sure if that would ever happen cuz of all the craziness going on in her life so we decided to just go and see her yesterday and it was so awesome!! It was so good to see her, it is crazy how much love you can have for a person after only meeting them once but she really is so amazing and so prepared. She has been prepared these last 8 years since she met with missionaries last and the faith that she has blows me away. Through everything that she has gone through this past week the whole week she just kept telling us "it is all going to work out, God is aware of me and he wont let me down" Man, I wish I had faith like her. That was a huge lesson I learned that no matter when things are hard to just have faith that Heavenly Father is aware of us and that he won't let us fail if we are doing our very best. He is going to let us struggle so that we can grow but I know that he wont ever let us down! By the time we left her house yesterday she was glowing and just kept telling us that we saved her from the slump that she was in and that we had given her more hope that everything is going to work out. She is incredible and I know that we may not be able to help her with the things she is struggling with but what can help is the gospel and the message that we share. I am so excited for her and this journey she has begun to learn more about our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, she is on the right path and I cant wait to help her continue on it.

 

We got a referral awhile ago from the Hermanas... they were at social services translating for some people and they saw a girl that they felt impressed to talk to.... well they didn't talk to her and felt bad that they didn't so they left a pass along card on her car with their number on it and she called them right up after she got it and wanted to learn more about the church! So we were able to meet with her this week and she is just struggling with so much right now. A lot of people.... even the ward.... think that if you are wearing a name tag that they can just tell you their whole life story... every little detail of it. Haha I love it. So she told us what was going on and being the 20 year old that I am with little experience in life, I sat there thinking "how in the world are we going to be able to help this girl with all that is going on in her life?" then it occurred to me that I may not be able to help her with all those things she is going through but the gospel can and my calling and my purpose is to teach her and help her come closer to our savior so she can feel of the power of his infinite atonement to help her better deal with the things going on in her life. It was a humbling experience to me that no matter what anyone is going through that this gospel can help them. It doesn't matter what circumstances they are living in or what they are going through cuz this message that we as members of the church can help ANYONE. it is the answer to everything.... it just takes a little effort and faith to be able to feel the effects that this gospel, the book of Mormon, the atonement, etc can have and impact ones life. The gospel is the answer to everything. It isn't always easy, but it is worth it.

 

I had a sweet experience yesterday... this transfer has been crazy. Just one thing after another keeps happening haha and my companion and I cant really figure out why. The adjustment from Charlottesville to here has been rough and very different. It is the exact opposite of Charlottesville and i'm still trying to get used to it while my companion is still trying to get used to just being a missionary in general. In sacrament meeting yesterday we got to speak and my companion got up and started talking about when they changed the age for missionaries and I just felt an overwhelming feeling of the spirit and of comfort.... thinking back to when my world was flipped upside down cuz of that decision I got to make about whether to serve or not and just thinking about how hard it has been but how worth it it has been all at the same time. It really got me thinking and as I felt the spirit so powerfully, tears came to my eyes and I heard a voice tell me "I need you here more than anything" I've never heard anything more clear in my life. It took me back to when I decided I was going on a mission and how happy and excited I was and how happy and excited you all were for me. It just reminded me how important it is that I am here.... all of me here not one foot in the world and one foot in my mission. The Lord needs everything I have and I am going to give it to him! I am so grateful to be here and I know this is where I am supposed to be! I love it! I love you all sooo much!! Have a great week ! XOXO

 

Sister Roosendaal

No comments:

Post a Comment